Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jessica Helfand's 'Open Letter to Design Students'

In addition to Dordt's very fine 2009 commencement speech, 'Children of the Light' by communication professor Charles Veenstra, I thought I'd call your attention to a recent post on Design Observer by Jessica Helfand. Please read through to the last paragraph. Ms. Helfand is one of the founding editors of Design Observer.

As a side note, I have tried to do many of the things she advocates and it has served me well in the 30 years that I've been affiliated with design. My suggestion is to see if you can tailor her insights to your personal circumstances. (Click here to get to her post). For our alumni and other followers of this blog perhaps you may have your own 'words of wisdom.' If so, please leave a comment, or, let us know what you think about Helfand's piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the editor has approved them.